Sunday, May 18, 2014

Getting Ready

We are getting ready for our trip, but first we're going to Moline IL for Trent and Jenny's Wedding.

I don't expect to have daily posts with pictures, as we're expecting spotty Internet connections.  So my faithful readers, please be patient with me and I'll get the story told.   Here's a map.  HOWEVER, we'll be starting from McAllen TX and not Laredo.  BUT we will be taking the red route once we get to Monterrey.  Then we'll be following the red route south.  Our RV will be put on a container barge over the Darien Gulf from Colon Panama to Cartegena Colombia, as there's no highway through the Darien Jungle of Panama.  We are going all the way to Tierra del Fuego and then back up to Buenos Aires, then short side trips to Uruguay and Brazil for a total of 16 countries.  I'll let you know how many miles we'll be driving, since right now I don't want to know.  Depending upon time, we might take a different route through Central America when we come back.  But that's TBD.  Just in case you were wondering there's no major highway on the eastern side of South America, due to the Amazon jungle and river basin.

This is enough for my first posting, so for more later in June.

 

1 comment: