Thursday, August 14, 2014

Now we're just getting frustrated

14 Aug Our newest friend, Ignacio, called his POC in Miami. Right now his POC in Miami doesn't have any shipping information for us. I have some information from a shipping agent I found on line and tried to call him and couldn't get the call thru. Add to this our search for a laundromat, and things have been rather frustrating in Santiago. The good news is that Ignacio is super friendly and helpful. He even let us borrow his car to go to the laundromat that is no longer in business. I happened to see a laundromat from the highway, as we were coming back from Buin. However, it was not an easy place to get to. Then I made a bad call on exiting the autopista before we got to CasadeRuedas, so that meant we had to circle around and try again. I hate getting lost. On the bright side we were able to drop off our laundry for a 7 pm pickup tonight. This particular laundry service counts out 12 items per load, we had 2.5 loads. In other places I've paid by the kilo. Regardless I'm just happy not to have to bucket wash clothes for a change. Ignacio's wife would really like to buy our RV. However she knows that it is outside their budget. Regardless Ignacio went over our RV looking at various things to see what he needed to carry as far as spare parts for his business. He was really intrigued by the external refrigerator monitoring system that Roger has. We'll be sending him one when we get back home, along with a Camping World and Crestview catalogues. The catalogue he is working from is 2010 and he asked us if we could send him a new on. Sure no problem, because we routinely get them in the mail and they end up in the recycle bin.

1 comment:

  1. First, let me apologize for calling your "Bentley" of an RV a "van". Didn't mean to use that word. It was like calling a Bentley a VW Bug. Sorry. I was thinking of the Spanish word for your vehicle, and "camioneta" came to mind. I guess it be more a "camione". But then I think Camione, and I think of a truck. Oh well, guess I don't practice my Spanish enough. Glad that you met Ignacio. He seems like a genuinely nice man; very helpful. Too bad Norm the Worm isn;t more like Ignacio. Also glad to hear you were able to get your laundry taken care of. Remember what our Moms used to say about always having clean underwear on in case of an accident. :) Hopefully, you will manage to find the right person and place for shipping info.

    ReplyDelete